Our History

 

 

 

 

A little about our history…  “The Faculty Wives Club” of Athens, Ohio was founded in the fall of 1936. In the early 1970’s, the Club was renamed the Ohio University Women’s Club, and in the fall of 2012, membership was opened to all women who work or are partners of employees of Ohio University.

Although membership rules have changed over the years, the purpose of the group remains essentially the same – to serve as a welcoming committee for women new to the OHIO community and as a social staple for long-term members.